Sunday, September 20, 2015

Wedding Shawl and Floral Crown


This past July, K and I finally tied the knot! It was an intimate affair in the Catskills. The best part of the wedding was doing almost everything ourselves. Yes, it was ambitious and manic at times, but totally worth it. For someone who loves to plan, be in control, and have flexibility, I couldn't have imagined it any other way. Of course we had help from family and friends, which made it even more special. 

My sister, Beautia (of B Girl B Knits), knitted this beautiful shawl for me. My plan was to wear a capelet over a simple white dress so that both pieces can be worn again in the future. I didn't know exactly how it would turn out as I didn't get a chance to try it on until a few days before the wedding. Fear took over so I wound up getting a "bridal gown" for the ceremony and reserved this for the reception. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about because the shawl exceeded my expectations. It was super light and provided just enough warmth in the evening. In addition, my sister did my hair without any practice!

The floral crown was made by moi. I saw a ton of beautiful floral crowns online via Pinterest. However, I was most drawn to the ones that were sparse and one-sided. I played around with a few styles and decided that this simple one suited me best. 


(Photographs taken by the lovely Elizabeth Unterman, with slight modifications for the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment