To accompany the 'Japanese' noodles, we had K's Japanese mushrooms with soy sauce and butter. As you already know by now, mushrooms go really well with soy sauce and butter. He's made this before with just enoki mushrooms, but tonight, we added the shimeji mushrooms just because they were available at the market. You can use any variety of mushrooms.
It's really simple, as you can see in K's recipe after the jump.
Japanese Mushrooms with Soy Sauce and Butter
200 grams (7.05 oz) enoki mushrooms
150 grams (5.29 oz) shimeji (or brown beech) mushrooms
5 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp butter
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, fold sides, and form a ‘basket’.
3) Spread mushrooms on lined baking sheet.
4) Pour soy sauce over mushrooms.
5) Cut butter into pieces and scatter on top of mushrooms.
6) Cover mushrooms with more aluminum foil to form a packet.
7) Bake for 20 minutes.
8) Top with scallions.