For whatever reason, we don't eat hamburgers at home. However, we do have these 'Perfect Turkey Burgers' on occasion. The self-proclaimed burgers, found on Cheese-Burger.net, are indeed perfect. They're moist, flavorful, and lighter than a beef burger. They taste even better with garlic mayo, which is just garlic and Japanese mayonnaise. The latter is more acidic than Hellman's, for example. So, if you're using any American brand of mayonnaise, I'd recommend adding some lemon juice to it.
Find the recipe after the jump.
Perfect Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of french herbed bread crumbs
1/2 beaten egg
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil, for cooking
1) Simply combine all of the ingredients with the ground turkey in a large bowl and mix well.
2) If the mixture is too sticky or sloppy then add some more bread crumbs until it becomes firmer.
3) Shape into 4 patties with you hands and lightly coat them with the olive oil, this will prevent them from sticking during cooking.
4) Grill/Fry the burgers until cooked through, usually 4-5 minutes each side.
5) These are best served on any crusty bread with a layer of garlic mayo and your choice of salad.
*Turkey Burger Recipe Tip: for more flavor try adding 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger to the recipe.